View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 12:02 AM   #1
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
"Amazon Kindle Fire Has Dulled eReader Market In Q1 2012"

http://www.inquisitr.com/202733/amaz...et-in-q1-2012/

Quote:
"The popularity of the Amazon Kindle Fire tablet hasn’t done any favors for the eReader industry, according to a recent report eReader shipments fell drastically in the first quarter of 2012 on the heels of Kindle Fires success."
OK... while clearly the Kindle Fire (and the Kobo Vox, and the Nook tablets) can do more than your average e-reader, aren't they all still considered e-readers? To me an e-reader is any device where e-reading is the main purpose, and the primary way it's marketed. Presumably if people are buying the Fire instead of traditional e-readers, they are doing so because they want it for e-reading!

To me what this article is trying to say is that the Kindle Fire has affected e-ink e-reader sales, which is likely true. I know my girlfriend and I both got Kobo Vox e-readers over traditional e-ink e-readers, and while we can do all sorts of other things with them (and occasionally do), 90%+ of our time on them is spent reading.

So I don't see how the Fire has hurt the e-reading industry.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote