View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 09:46 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Apple missed the boat with the iPhone?

I've just read a review of the new iPhone 3G and am quite shocked by some of the features missing from it:
  • No MMS messaging.
  • No video recording.
  • No forward-facing camera for video conferencing.
  • No stereo bluetooth connection.

These are basic features which one would expect any modern "smartphone" to provide. I'm very surprised indeed to find that Apple would omit them. The lack of MMS messaging in particular is utterly inexplicable - that's something that even the cheapest European handset generally provides.

I just don't "get it" with Apple. They make a great product like the iPhone, and then miss out some really basic features which all their rivals provide. Perhaps they should concentrate more on the basic functionality and less on the "sexiness"?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote