View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 08:51 AM   #14
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
IMHO, you should dump the fonts that don't have all four font types. A font should have regular, bold, italic, and bold italic. Otherwise, it's not going to give you all the correct display. There are plenty of fonts that will work that have all four types.
There are occasions, which I've stated, when I don't want to display italic at all.

As to Bookerly, I don't like it. It's what I term a 'bobbly' font. I'm not refering to the serifs here, but to the ends of letters: there are some fonts, Bookerly is one, where the letters end with a small ball, giving a 'bobbly' appearance. These fonts distract me. Of the built-in kindle fonts, I prefer Caecilia to Bookerly because it has less noticeable 'bobbles'.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote