View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 10:35 PM   #12
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
It works. The trick is you need to install High Sierra on the external drive before you upgrade since you can't run the High Sierra installer from a newer version of the operating system. I did have to jump through a lot of hoops before I figured it out. I actually ended up installing it on a thumb drive that I had. For some reason, the external hard drive was being a bit balky.

This doesn't really help me a lot. Running Sierra off of a USB drive is pretty darn slow. Running on the mac mini works just as well for me. Now that I have the alternative working, I might try upgrading my mac mini to Sierra.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote