View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 09:04 PM   #20
fduniho
Zealot
fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle Touch, Fire, DX, Paperwhite 4; Rooted Nook ST; Likebook Mars
1. Since it's an Android tablet, it's going to be running apps even if it is not updating the screen. So, even when idle, it will be using the battery somewhat.

2. Moon+ Reader is not telling me what theme I'm using, but I believe it is Outdoor {Pure white). I have the "Automatic day night mode switch" unchecked, since I don't need a different theme for the night. I have "Page Flip Animation" set to "None".

3. I use Nova Launcher, which doesn't include the Mars bookshelf. I treat the default reader as though it doesn't exist and just use Moon+ Reader, the Kindle app, and some other reading apps in its place. I let each reading app maintain its own bookshelf without having any handled by the OS.

4. Thanks to the AppSales app, I have gotten paid versions of various apps for free or on sale. I got Rotation Control Pro for free, which I use to regularly set my screen orientation to reverse portrait and to sometimes set it to landscape. This is important, since it has no gyroscope, and I prefer to have the power button and the audio and USB ports at the top. Reminder Pro and Weather Pro are other useful paid apps I got for free.

I use Firefox as my main browser, because it supports extensions. I use Hacker's Keyboard for my keyboard. It is a great device for reading manga. I use it with various manga apps. Thanks to the earphone port, I can listen to music on Spotify while I read.

I have a lap desk with a slot in it. My Likebook Mars fits snugly into this slot, so that I can stick it there and read hands free (except for turning pages) while lying down.

5. In general, A2 mode makes page turning and page scrolling faster and more fluid. So I prefer to keep it on. But it makes less difference in Moon+ Reader, because it has the fastest page turning of any app I use.

Turning it off is useful when I want to get rid of ghosting or see the full color palette clearly. In A2 mode, it uses fewer shades of grey. In particular, it treats red (#ff0000) as black (#000000) instead of as a shade of grey. This is not really an issue when you're just reading text.
fduniho is offline   Reply With Quote