View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 04:25 PM   #19
readabit
Enthusiast
readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, NOOK Color.
Thanks for all that -- very helpful!

As a follow up to (3) above: I ran into another issue, in this case to do with file paths. Inside Moon+ Reader I have my path set to /sdcard/BOOKS_FOLDER.... But if I open a book via the Mars bookshelf Moon sees the book as having a different path:
/storage/emulated/0/BOOKS_FOLDER.... And because of that Moon treats the same book as being two different books, depending on whether I open the book within Moon or from the Mars bookshelf. The two paths of course resolve to the same location and the same books. I did a little bit of research and it looks like this problem shows up with other situations, like folks using Calibre Companion:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=286251

So until Moon+ Reader is able to recognize that those paths are the same and pointing to the same file (which I don't even know if there's a way for the app to do that in Android) I recommend that you pick which method you want to use for organizing and opening your books and then stick with it. For me, I prefer to organize my books within Moon+ Reader, so I am just going to ignore the Mars bookshelf.

If anyone has any thoughts, recommendations on the above (or 1-5 earlier in this thread) I welcome them.
readabit is offline   Reply With Quote