View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 10:55 AM   #16
readabit
Enthusiast
readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, NOOK Color.
Thanks everyone for the great discussion so far, sharing your thoughts, pros/cons, etc. -- super helpful!!

I've ended up deciding to give the Mars a try, and so far I like it. I have a few more questions though, in part since this is my first eink device.
  1. With E-ink, am I correct that it is only using power if it is actively doing something (ie, Wifi On, Frontlight On, changing visual content on the screen, etc.)? In other words, if Wifi is Off and the Frontlight is Off, is it using any power to have the text still displayed on the screen? Or to put it yet another way, is there a benefit to putting the reader to Sleep, or a benefit to Powering Off the reader (eg, turning it Off over night)?
  2. Any recommended settings for Moon+ Reader for EInk? I'm trying the "Outdoor (Pure white)" theme currently since it seemed like that might give the display the least amount of data to be redrawing. And of course am not using page turn animations.
  3. [Edit: the book cover issue is resolved.] In my initial testing it looks like the Mars launcher bookshelf doesn't display covers for books for Moon+ Reader (I think because the Mars bookshelf expects thumbnails to be in a different location). Anyone else running into this?
    Those of you that use Moon+ Reader (instead of the Mars reader), do you even bother with the Mars bookshelf? I'm currently thinking I'll just stick with the Moon+ Reader bookshelf organization and ignore the Mars bookshelf entirely.
  4. Any other tips, suggestions, etc. for optimizing my Mars Reader (particularly for use with Moon+ Reader or Pocket)?

Thanks!

Last edited by readabit; 05-12-2019 at 04:14 PM.
readabit is offline   Reply With Quote