View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 04:27 PM   #21
Mememememe
Connoisseur
Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kobo
I have the same problem with gigantic margins on many ePub files I've used through ADE. I can't fix these in Calibre because I have no idea how to remove DRM. It's a shame, because this would be an easy solution to the big formatting problem: the space between paragraphs, and the lack of a first-line indent.

RE: justification -- Physical books have justified text because it's a more elegant and readable way of designing a book. It simply LOOKS better, but also the eye is thrown by ragged-right text (even if we're not conscious of this happening).

But on a small screen like an eInk screen, justification has the exact opposite effect. It looks worse and is less readable because of the gaping holes and rivers created in the text.
Mememememe is offline   Reply With Quote