View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 09:55 AM   #6
shiffy
shiffy doesn't littershiffy doesn't litter

Device: DR800SG
I'd contact Kobo support if all your books were deleted when you were off-line. I've purchased one book from Kobo and have downloaded the free ones and have not had any issues reading them when I am not connected to the internet.

I generally like reading on my iPad and find it no harder on the eyes than the iRex 800 I returned when I purchased it (especially once I put an anti-glare screen protector on). I think the three big reader apps each have their own advantages and disadvantages, which I 'm still figuring out. My main problem with iBooks is it does not have a night reading (white text on black background) feature (there's a workaround by changing the universal settings on the ipad, but that's more cumbersome than in the Kindle and Kobo apps, which allow you to do it on the fly). Right now, I think my preference is for Kobo, as I find it's fonts, particularly the sizes, to be more adjustable than the Kindle App. (On the free books from Kobo, both the font and sizes were adjustable; on the one I purchased, I could only change the size. Also on the free books the text was not fully justified, but it was on the one I purchased). For day-time reading, I do like the sepia background from the Kindle App.

I'm not sure how well the Kobo syncs with other devices, but that is a feature I plan to look at soon. Also, in another thread, a Kobo representative said they were considering adding the ability to import adobe drm epub books from other sources into their app, which would make it my app of choice if they do. He was soliciting feedback on whether people thought this was an important feature.
shiffy is offline   Reply With Quote