View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #22
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I don't think people are putting enough value on their time and are overvaluing something that was free to start. This is JMHO, of course.

Freebies take time, cataloguing them, organizing them, stripping them if that's what you do, and then having to read a precis when you're looking for something to read, because who could remember what thousands of freebie titles represent? I don't see the point. Far better to decide up front what one's tolerance for freebies is, in the sense of which books resonate sufficiently that you're likely to read them, and keeping a fairly close watch on amounts and proportions--as well as acknowledging that freebies aren't going anywhere in at least the near future.

I'm squarely in the time is precious camp; I don't have enough time to read the books I really do want to read. Why spend some of it tending a massive library of books that I never wanted to read and never will?
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote