View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 04:18 AM   #17
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan M View Post
Well, I can relate, but in a different way. I assumed I would never get an e-reader. Not only did I figure I wouldn't enjoy the digital book experience, I simply couldn't afford new books these days and have been availing myself of all that a big-city public library has to offer.

Then, just a few months ago, a friend gifted me with a Kindle and a 500 gig hard drive containing over 62,000 titles. And that's not counting the PDF's.

Now I spend my time cleaning up the database, then I read a book I never would have thought of reading, then I clean a little more. You never know where life will take you, do you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Joan what a wonderful friend, what a wonderful gift!!

Happy reading
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Not "wonderful" at all if they were pirated books.
Harry my response to Joan, a new member*, does not contain judgement.

I hope if contains however, a 'welcome' tone.

*At the time of posting my response to Joan she had only 2 posts to her name.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote