View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeks View Post
Read in store books aren't epubs that download. I've not tried to figure out exactly what they are, but they come down a page at a time when you are in the store.

Greg Weeks
Actually, no, that's not correct, at least for the most part.

For the ones I've read through, these are the same normal, full retail epubs you would get if you were to purchase them from the store. They have a table of contents and you can read through a page at a time, pull up the toc and go to a different chapter, whatever you want, just like in any other epub that you'd purchased. The whole epub is downloaded at the very beginning before you even get the option to start reading. No page at a time or anything like that.

The difference is that these epubs are downloaded to a protected directory somewhere on the root of the tablet that you can't get to so you can't actually see the file, even if you have a file utility. Also, the reader limits you to reading these files for one hour. After that, you have to wait until the next day to read in-store or purchase the ebook.

I've read other posts similar to yours but this has not been my experience with any ebook that I've attempted to read in-store. I've read through a few and checked through many, many ebooks to check their quality before purchase.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote