View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 11:47 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
What happened with a Send to Device - Main Memory from main library of a txt file?
Works for me.

I wonder if the delete problem is not related to this? Clearly something is stopping calibre from certain file manipulations. If the metadata cache is not being written, then it tries to determine the metadata from the file. For text files this is clearly impossible, so it uses the filename pattern stored in preferences.
Code:
    pat = re.compile(prefs.get('filename_pattern'))
    name = name.replace('_', ' ')
    match = pat.search(name)
In other words, it will use the last value you put into the regexp box for adding books. If this regexp does not match the filename pattern used for sending to device (also in preferences), then nothing good will happen.

I will look at the path names for local drives. I can easily imagine that the paths are not being normalized to windows (you run vista?), which might cause trouble.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote