View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 05:55 AM   #61
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjbrown View Post
Bought a book as easily as ever from BoB tonight, no lying required. Gave my UK address, a UK phone number and a UK registered credit card. Angels & Demons $6.99, compared with £7.35 at Waterstones.com. Haven't dared clicked on BoB's UK store to check their price, just in case the US one stops working!
There is no problem with buying a goodly range of books from any US store - be it BoB or Fictionwise (FW) .....

However, increasingly, some publishers are adding a Geographical Restriction on their wares .....

One UK writer, Sir Terry Pratchett, is not available to be purchased from the BoB/FW from someone correctly supplying their UK address.

Having a UK outlet may not alter this restriction......The more I think about it the more I wonder if the idea is sound, especially if there is an attempt to sell at a higher price in Sterling, than the Dollar equivalent .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote