View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 08:50 AM   #11
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Then I attached the Cybook to the computer, still with the 1Gb card, and used the Mobipocket Desktop reader to read the same book file. With the Mobibipocket Desktop reader I could resume from where I had stopped, and could set and remove bookmarks.

That is, the only difference is the version of the reader I was using.

This seems to weigh against Krystian's suggestion about Linux not writing anything to the SD card when the filesystem is broken - same file, same card; it worked with one reader and not the other.
I do not think it do. WIndows and Linux mount things differetly amd I do not thing Windows mount things read only if it detects an error.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote