View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 10:21 PM   #2508
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linwe View Post
I ran calibre in debug mode and then tried the process again. Still doesn't auto-convert updated stories from epub to mobi if there's an older mobi, and debug file doesn't indicate that auto-conversion ever kicked in.

So just having it ticked doesn't seem to work for me if I already have the mobi file, but ticking the "delete other formats" option seems to fix that although the process takes longer then.
Interesting. I've always used 'Delete other formats', so I never tested Auto-Convert with that turned off. But I see the same behavior with it off.

FFDL calls the 'auto_convert_auto_add()' method on calibre's 'Convert Books' action--this is the same as calibre's built-in 'auto convert on add' feature uses. Looking at the source for it, sure enough, it only converts if the default target format isn't there.

After reviewing the calibre code, I think the best course is to add code in FFDL to remove the target format when 'auto convert' is turned on.

Attached is a new test version with that change.

Linwe, thanks for helping figure this out.

UPDATE Mar 08, 2014 -- Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 03-09-2014 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions