View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 04:02 PM   #827
prculley
prculley began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle pw2
Poor battery life (2 days)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Have your reading habits changed since you started using the collections manager?

Maybe making as many page turns in two days, as you used to make in two weeks - back when you had nothing to read on the device.
Turns out that the problem was the indexer; I had not realized that the PW2 needed to have "all Text" set to search for un-indexed stuff. That said, the indexer seems to be very unstable lately. It keeps hanging up, on different files, and once hung, seems to be unable to index anything else until I delete all the index files and some of the books and start over. Files that seem to hang it one time, will work fine the next (if I load them first). And files loaded later that worked before will hang it up again.

Is it possible that this collections manager, jailbreak, or screensaver is taking too much memory or other resources and destabilizing the indexer?

I may have to restore this to defaults and start over without the hack to test this theory, but I have not had the time yet (Takes a while when you have 487 books).
prculley is offline   Reply With Quote