View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #26
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
So, would you say Win8 does not work for you, the concept of hybrids alltogether, or the specific hybrid you had?
It's a good question. To be honest, I'm not sure of the answer. That's because I have no previous experience of Windows 8 in general, or of hybrids, so I've got nothing to compare it with.

I do know that, with this particular system, things just don't work as expected, both in keyboard-and-mouse mode and when the tablet is detached. There also seem to be many features that are documented but are simply missing.

If I had some hours to spare, I could write a list of all the things that seem to be wrong with it. Instead, I'll just summarise it by saying that a touch-based interface, designed for doing "fun" things on a hand-held device (like sharing photos and listening to music), seems totally wrong for a serious business machine intended to run commercial applications.

This isn't because of any computer illiteracy on my part. I'm a life-long professional developer. I've used every version of Windows since 1.0. I've never had any serious difficulties with understanding the system or finding my way round the UI - until now.

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote