View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #23
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
The filesystems on the device that are accessible via USB are actually MS FAT types, whereas the device runs Linux as the OS. Unix file permissions are really a kludge when applied to FAT filesystems, so I'm not surprized that you can't really change them exactly, especially when going through the USB Mass Storage interface. However, rwxr-xr-x should be fine for running qorganizer.

Looking at my previous suggestion to run "./qorganizer" in the applications directory, I see now what might have been your problem. qorganizer looks to be the name of the directory, and qorganizer.app the name of the executable file. So, you probably would get a permission denied error if you tried to "run" the directory using that command. Did you try to run "./qorganizer.app" from the applications directory rather than "./qorganizer" when you saw the permissions denied error message?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote