View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #36
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I'm hoping that the next batch of Sony readers out in 2013 will have a glow light. That's the only thing that would tempt me away from my PRS-350s (or their death ). While the Kindle Paperwhite looks like it would be terrific, after using the Sony, I know there's things that I'd hate about a Kindle (tied to .mobi and having to convert everything I currently have to it which I could get around with Calibre, but mostly how collections are handled and the software in general compared to the Sony). I just know I'd end up being disappointed in the Kindle, and I'd chuck it for the first decent Sony with a glow light and good battery life that was available, so I might as well save my money.

If I weren't so extremely happy with my PRS-350s, I might be more tempted by the Kindle Paperwhite. But as things are now, I'm happy to wait to see if Sony comes out with a glow light model next time around.

And no, I don't believe for a minute that the T2s are Sony's last ereaders. We hear that speculation every year from a few.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote