View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 05:28 PM   #1491
OtakuGer
OtakuGer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Look further down in the details list (in particular View Report) for your specific News items, and see what it says about PDOC, etc. for the particular books/items.

This may be a case of some missing instructions on the first post. Been a long time since I did the news items - way back when it almost just handled tags. I think what is missing is that you have to tell the plugin to actually create the collection. Right now you are only telling it to create collections for Authors - so your news items end up in C since the author is calibre. You need to tell it to create collections for Tags as well - but probably put [PDOC] in the include field so only that tag is used. And if your personal docs are using [PDOC] and not News and you want the collection named News, then you probably need to rename the collection from [PDOC] to News (since you are only including just the one tag [PDOC] you can just put .* in the rename from field and News in the rename to field.
I solved it now. Until your note about the missing instructions I thought this [PDOC] marker will trigger the collection creation automatically. It doesn't

I think I have easiest way to sort news items to a News collection now.

Just got to customize Kindle Collections, then "create tags", put "News" into the "Include names matching these patterns" cell and you are done.
The "News" tags is automatically added by calibre to every news item. No need to add [PDOC] or News as an extra tag in your news feeds.
In case you use the Author Sort field to generate collections, it might be a good idea to add "calibre" to the "Ignore names" to prevent the news items from being added there.

Quote:
=== Settings:

Column: Author Sort
Action: Create
Prefix: _
Suffix: ""
Minimum: ""
Ignore: calibre
Include: ""
Rename from: ^(.).*$
Rename to: \1
Split on: ""