Old 12-18-2007, 05:31 PM   #1
Starfish
Connoisseur
Starfish doesn't litterStarfish doesn't litterStarfish doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Please Help!!! Invalid Format

Hi,

Please help. This is a desperate plea.

Everything was going fine with my Sony Reader PRS505 until awhile ago when I removed my 1 GB SD card to add a couple of books to it, via the eBook Library software.

When I reinserted the SD card, the Reader failed to load the contents. I had deleted internal content last week, and all had worked well in the interim. I had also added content to the SD card before, and all worked well until today.

After the Reader failed to load content, I pressed reset. It started up, loaded the contents of the card, and then showed ! in a circle. It wanted me to press MARK to reformat internal memory. I did. Then I got the message Invalid Format. At that point, the screen is greyed out and unresponsive to anything I do.

Since then I've tried every way I know to restart the Reader and get it to load the contents of the card. I checked Wikipedia which told me to hold down Volume and Mark after resetting. I have done this many times to no good end. The Reader starts to load and I see the circle with the arrows, but it doesn't turn, and then I get the Invalid Format error message again. Then the grey-out. It doesn't seem to matter whether my SD card is in or out when I reset. What to do????

I don't even have the manual to help me. I had downloaded the PRS505 manual when I first got the Reader, but can't find it anywhere now, and a search online doesn't find it either. I would appreciate a link so that I can re-download it, but I don't have a lot of hope that it will address this problem.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Starfish
Starfish is offline   Reply With Quote