Thread: New York Newbie
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 12:46 PM   #1
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
New York Newbie

Hi, I just joined yesterday. I ordered my first e-reader--a Jetbook Lite--the other day and I am eagerly awaiting its arrival.

I have already posted in the JB forum and was encouraged to introduce myself here.

This seems to be my year for going digital--I started with converting VHS tapes to mpg files, then ripped mp3 files from all my CDs to load on my first (!) mp3 player (I'm still in the process of digitizing LPs and cassettes), and now I'm taking the plunge and getting an e-reader. The driving force behind all of this is to free up space! I'm still not quite sure how much I'll actually like reading on a screen rather than holding a real book, and that is part of the reason I decided to go with the JBL--I know I want to store classic books (hurray for Project Gutenberg!) and clear them off my bookshelves; I don't know if I will really want to buy new books in digital form, so why bother with wi-fi or 3g that I might never use? So this JBL is a way to get my feet wet, so to speak.

I'm glad to be here--I think I will learn a lot
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote