View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 05:38 AM   #27
JIPG-reader
Zealot
JIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Ed2, Onyx Boox C67ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire_ch View Post
Have you tested this workaround with 4.8.11073, too? Since I updated from 4.4.9344 to 4.8.11073 I have had no success in getting the dictionaries working again. Even when I call one exactly like you did ("Extra:_da - English") it still throws the error "You don't have an English dictionary installed".

Is there anything else you changed? Have you also adjusted the names of the dictionary files and or the Kobo eReader.conf?

Thanks for your help and any hints!
Pesche

(Bloody forced firmware "upgrades" - I simply wanted to synchronize my Pocketbook articles, and now everything is ruined )

Edit: Figured it out The two characters after Extra:_ must correspond to the suffix and the letters defined in "ExtraLocales" in "Kobo eReader.conf". Apparently, stuff like en-de1 no longer works. I replaced it with d1. Sticking to two letter codes that are identical in the suffix and db column of the database and in the config file seems to have done the trick
I recommend you to read carefully the following post:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...20&postcount=1

I have done it in this way, and my new dictionaries are there after several updates of the fw.
JIPG-reader is offline   Reply With Quote