View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 02:08 PM   #43
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartman36 View Post
I don't even know the opinions of most of the authors I read. The only one who I decided to stop reading because of his opinions/behavior was L. Ron Hubbard, and I don't think I've read him since I was 15 or so (~ 25 years ago).
I still like Battlefield Earth, I've read it quite a few times now, and owned a few copies of it too (the paperbacks tend to fall apart). Mission Earth I've tried a few times to get into it but it's hard to get past all the pet hates he wrote into it. I suppose it would be easier for people who shared those pet hates. I don't remember ever reading anything else he wrote. His barmy religion didn't really put me off.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote