View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 11:59 AM   #2
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Brooklyn Public Library (Overdrive)

I recommend this library without hesitation -- but you should check out their collection to see if YOUR favorite authors are represented. I am a Mystery nut and audiobook fan and never have a problem finding something to enjoy. When I think what I used to spend on print books, $50/year is a steal. Better value to me than Kindle Unlimited which is more than twice the price. And my basement is now empty of the hundreds of books and CDs that used to collect dust and get damp/mold -- I have gone (almost) completely digital in my media consumption.

I don't often want to borrow a new/bestseller title which has a long waiting list; in my experience I have never waited more than 4 weeks for a REALLY popular title and I have plenty to keep me occupied in the meantime. Maximum of 15 loans out at a time and 10 holds (wow). The website will show you where you are in the Hold Waitlist e.g. I have Janet Evanovich's "Hardcore Twenty-Four" on hold and I am #37 on 10 copies -- so you can decide if the wait is worthwhile for you.

The Overdrive app on my Android phone works great to play audiobooks through my bluetooth speaker in the car. Download the titles to my phone's storage on wifi at home, so am not using data on the road. Have 2 or three at a time so if it turns out that you don't like the narrator or the story -- switch to another.

One more plus - I mailed in my initial application but have been able to renew online with my credit card subsequently - email the library about the renewal, the $50 is added to your account as a fine which you pay with a CC, email to confirm your payment and you're good to go same day. Hope that helps!
ngrant is online now   Reply With Quote