View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 11:24 AM   #5
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Agree! Hate iTunes with all my heart. I always said setting up an iPad with a USB cable and a computer was "old fashion" stuff, even though I barely sync it.

The feature I like most so far is the Safari tabs. I don't use my iPad for content creation but reading full color Magazines and PDFs, things that I can't do with my Kindle very well, and browsing the Internet. Now changing pages via tab is fast and easy.

However, sync music won't be so easy for me, not under current conditions. Because price, selection and other factors, I prefer Amazon. So I believe uploading or sync music via iCloud will eat lot of space because those were purchased elsewhere. That's why I paid for Amazon prime instead, unlimited space for songs!

Here's how I sync my songs at this moment.

-iTunes on Mac air
-Music folder on iTunes mapped to a Samba/Linux Share
-Linux server holds all the music
-USB external HD connected to Samba/Linux server
-Cron job sync automatically from Server to external HD, daily

What I will add or change

As extra precaution and giving the case I'm Amazon Prime member, I will upload all my music collection to Amazon cloud. So I will have my songs on 3 places: Samba/Linux server, external HD drive and Amazon cloud.

Yeah, a bit paranoid, I know, but I lost my whole music collection long time ago. I promised myself won't happen again. Now the music collection is bigger, because my wife and I are mixed.

I also believe pictures and songs, besides family and pets, are the only things you should rescue or keep in a disaster or natural event, lol ... I don't care about any material thing at all, as long as my family and pets are safe, same for family pictures and songs.

Last edited by jocampo; 10-13-2011 at 11:29 AM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote