View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 11:10 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by iain robinson View Post
Thanks - I'm trying to find a happy medium that looks presentable in as many scenarios as possible. The customer for this title has indicated that many of the potential readers will be using iPads so I have to assume that a lot of them will be using iBooks. I will look at Bluefire though.

What's your experience with this aim? Is it possible to make one file that looks good on ADE-based readers and webkit-based readers?
It is possible if you don't try to get too fancy. I'm not sure if some of the workarounds for iBooks is ADE compatible. But the first thing to do is create the ePub so it looks good in ADE and then try it in iBooks and see what happens.

But the best thing to do is buy Liz Castro's ePub book. She knows iBooks very well. Her blog is at http://www.pigsgourdsandwikis.com/.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote