View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 01:52 PM   #1
iain robinson
Connoisseur
iain robinson began at the beginning.

Device: none
problem with spacing between paragraphs in ADE

Hi all

I have several files with bulleted lists, which are followed by "normal" paragraphs, all styled by my CSS file. Everything looks good when viewed in Sigil (and iBooks I think – haven’t got access to an iPad at the moment) but the problem is when viewed in ADE or the Sony Reader Library software (which I understand uses the ADE engine) sometimes there's a gap between the bullet list and the next para and sometimes not. Looking at the code in Sigil I can't see any difference between one instance where in ADE it looks wrong and another where it looks right.

Example which looks right;

Code:
<p class="main-text-no-para-indent">blah blah blah could usefully be considered when reviewing cloud providers’ T&amp;Cs:</p>

<ul>
        <li class="bulleted-list"><span class="bullet">•</span> What legal system do the T&amp;Cs claim to be governed by; are there any limits on where, how or when a legal claim can be brought against the provider?</li>

<li class="bulleted-list"><span class="bullet">•</span> Does the provider exclude or limit liability for damage, particularly consequential damages such as business losses?</li>
      </ul>

<p class="main-text-no-para-indent">In conclusion, blah blah blah.<p>

Example which looks wrong;
Code:
<p class="main-text-no-para-indent">Despite this agreement, by April 2008, blah blah blah. This correspondence revealed that Atos wanted to:</p>

<ul>
        <li class="bulleted-list"><span class="bullet">•</span> retain all existing payments</li>

<li class="bulleted-list"><span class="bullet">•</span> have a further six months to complete the work.</li>
      </ul>

<p class="main-text-no-para-indent">De Beers rejected these demands and, oblah blah blah.</p>
I could supply screenshots if it would help. Anyone got any ideas?

thanks,
Iain

Last edited by iain robinson; 06-15-2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: error in code
iain robinson is offline   Reply With Quote