View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 02:33 PM   #239
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by crj View Post
Hi,

I am trying to find the best settings for PDFRead to read technical papers with lots of equations on my recently acquired Kindle 2. Thanks to Nick Rapallo, I've been able to iterate to what seem to be good settings (see attached screen capture below), however, I would be very interested if others have found better settings.
Hi Chris:

Those settings look good.

Especially when using the new MinFilter 5 dilate (see pdfread-MinFilter5-mod-bin.zip) provided with the Sony PRS update. However, that update is still of interest even for Kindle users.

Just a note that if the original .pdf is of high quality/resolution and the DPI setting is too high, then the dilation effect can be reduced/negated unless using the new MinFilter 5 dilate.

Cheers and welcome to MobileRead.com!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote