View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #33
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
Nominate Lolita. Yeah, I'm first. Second Catch 22.
second Lolita - wonder how long it'll take for it to be fully nominated .

Also nominate The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck - from Goodreads
Quote:
Wang Lung, rising from humble Chinese farmer to wealthy landowner, gloried in the soil he worked. He held it above his family, even above his gods. But soon, between Wang Lung and the kindly soil that sustained him, came flood and drought, pestilence and revolution....
Through this one Chinese peasant and his children, Nobel Prize-winner Pearl S. Buck traces the whole cycle of life, its terrors, its passion, its persistent ambitions and its rewards. Her brilliant novel beloved by millions of readers throughout the world is a universal tale of the destiny of men.
As it was published in 1931, I think it should be public domain, still looking for a copy, though.

EDIT: while looking for a copy on Mobileread I stumbled upon the Book Club nomination thread for December - quite a coincidence, i did not know. But if you've already gone through the nomination with this one, glad to withdraw it.

Last edited by paola; 02-02-2013 at 02:19 PM.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote