View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 10:49 PM   #10
1Bookworm
Enthusiast
1Bookworm doesn't litter1Bookworm doesn't litter

Device: blackberry, laptop, Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Well, I'm very new to e-readers and the nook wifi (just bought it a week ago), but I did want to address two things you said about it since you're considering it.

First, the bottom screen may not be necessary, but now that I've gotten used to it after a week, I honestly don't think I'd ever want one that didn't have something like it. By far my favourite part, which I didn't even give a second thought to before I bought it, about that screen is the page "swipe" to turn pages without having to push buttons. I absolutely love that and didn't realise I would so much. And you may already know but it goes black while you're reading so it's not distracting. But to each their own - I know from reading around here that some nook owners don't care a thing about that bottom screen.

Also, you mentioned updates to firmware. I don't know much about firmware and updates, but what I have learned from reading around and other people's posts is that B&N has been furious in releasing updates expanding on its features since the nook has come out, and I think they only have more in store. But specifically about pdf stuff, I don't know.

Sun surfer - I have been reading the reviews for the nook and one thing that everyone mention was that the Nook was slower than the Kindle. Since you just brought a new Nook, what do you think of the speed for turning pages? Is it slow (ie is it annoying)?

Thank you
Berny
1Bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote