Thread: Seriousness Tragic news about Patricia
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 11:52 AM   #172
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
The more I think about this (I think Cassidy suggested it a week ago) the more I am in favour of it. Our "Upload Section" probably started out to be just that: a place reserved where people could stick the books they prepared so others could have a look at them. It has long since become something much more than that and largely as a result of the work and encouragement of people like Patricia. It's now a library so why don't we call it that and honour Patricia's efforts by naming it after her?
you are right vr, and wde and cassidy and everyone who supports this idea. i also can't think of a more fitting tribute. the upload section has been renamed as the "Patricia Clark Memorial Library" ; in order not to confuse new members we've left "E-book Uploads" as the first part of the name but you can see in the main forum page https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ the addition and there is also a short explanation of this dedication in form of a notice at the top of the page visible here : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=132

we're currently discussing a more permanent way to include this explanation, probably with a wiki page at the very least.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote