View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 04:23 AM   #16
b0ned0me
Connoisseur
b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
I found this comment amusing given the fact that the poll and the description of the poll show a dramatic erosion of Apple's market share...
What's so amusing about it? It's quite possible they are capturing 80-90% of the total profit earned on all tablets worldwide, and they are one of the biggest single sellers by units - it's just like the phone market. Who else is in a stronger position?

Apparently these days the Shenzen wholesale rate for a decent 7" android tablet is about $35 if you order of 20K units or more - so anyone not at the high end of the market is going to struggle to make money. I'd expect that slice of generic red to expand past 50% fairly quickly.

Also - one fifth of US adults own a tablet? That's an extraordinary statistic. The Pew Article mentions another survey that shows 25%. That means either I'm massively out of touch with what is going on, or else they are using the usual 'skimp on survey methodology to cut costs' routine and ignoring all those adults who don't spend a large chunk of their time online answering online surveys.
b0ned0me is offline   Reply With Quote