View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 06:14 AM   #10
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I'm one of those that CAN read very fast when/if I want to.
Many crime novels I speed read through, cause the plot is the most important and I can get that even when when speed reading (a quick glance at a page, I take it in as a "whole" and grasp what it's about without reading the actual individual words).
Many books I don't WANT to speed read though. I want to savour the language, make my own mental picture, let it linger a bit... I may read a chapter, put the book down for hours (or until the next day) to let that chapter sink in. Some books can take a really long time to finish for me!
When I'm reading one of those "slow" books I often read a couple of "quick" ones in between when I don't feel like I have the right amount of concentration to give (a James Patterson here, some chic-lit there, maybe a collection of essays...)
I'm with the others, enjoy your reading, whatever speed you're doing it in! Don't compare with others. Maybe your "double time" means double fun?!

Last edited by Asawi; 03-16-2011 at 06:20 AM.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote