View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 12:03 PM   #136
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Fulda View Post
I wonder whether I can co-opt the rest of the Zodiac signs as descriptors for other military units. The special ops teams are LEOs. Could the heavy artillery spacecraft be TAURUSes? And the cyberwarfare teams be SCORPIOs? Because using astrological constellations to describe orbital combatants would be just too cool.

Time to go acronym hunting.

Well, if you're going that way you may as well go hunt for an acronym for Zodiac.
Or if you don't mind a cheat, SODiAC. (Space Operations DIvision Alliance Command, for example. )
And if you're going to cheat (*I* would) the unit names don't have to be spelled exactly (or completely) as the zodiac signs. All you need is for the troops themselves to pronounce the acronym that way. (Otherwise, you just "might* have a problem with Sagitarius and Capricorn. )

A bigger cheat would be to go with the abbreviations for the units--Sag, Cap, Acua, Scor, etc--enough for the troops to start joking about their zodiacal sign. All strongly discouraged by the high brass, of course...
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote