View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 02:31 PM   #264
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookfab View Post
Harry - I've been using BD for several years to create reading material for my Sony PRS650. Worked just fine and had it installed in a folder in the "C drive" on my PC with Windows 7 - 64 bit OS. About 2 weeks ago it stopped working and I had to reinstall it. When I try to make book, I get an error message that Bookdesigner cannot make a book. I believe my Norton Anti-virus is preventing this because I have gotten a warning message from the AV program that it has taken care of a Trojan Horse attack. Any suggestions?
Remove Norton and never look back. Norton is awful. It has a lot of false positives and it does what it wants more then it does what you want.

Once Norton is gone for good, reinstall BD and you should be good to go.

And once you have dumped Norton, your computer will run faster. On this computer, I'm using Windows Defender and it working well.

Of course, there is a better solution (uninstalling Norton is a good idea in any case), use either Calibre and/or Sigil to create ePub eBooks. The problem is that you are creating LRF eBooks and while you can read them with your 650, if something happens to your 650 or you want a new Reader, you won't be able to read your LRF eBook any longer because the x50 line was the last line of Readers from Sony that supported

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-10-2015 at 02:38 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote