View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 07:15 PM   #8
Pisckuy
Pisckuy began at the beginning.

Device: Pw3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Thank you.
I haven't tried it myself yet but it looks nicely done.

On devices supported:
  • It is a Python script.
    NiLuJe has posted Python-2.7 builds for all Kindle models, K2 .. Oasis.
  • It is launched by KUAL.
    KUAL works on all Kindle models, K2 .. Oasis.
  • NiLuJe's builds are here:
    NiLuJe's Snapshots
    (Which everyone should be using anyway.)

Notes:
I am not selling Gmail, it is just an easy to access example for these suggestions.
Any decent e-mail account provider will offer the same or similar account controls.
  • As noted in the documentation, Calibre is not required.
    Any e-mail account that supports imap access may be used. (Which isn't much of a restriction.)
  • This is a Python script, it should run on your desktop PC also (but I haven't tried it).
  • There are tools to synchronize imap accounts.
    Isync
    Which would need to be compiled for the Kindles, but scroll to the bottom for a link to a similar tool written in Python.
  • imap on Gmail:
    Google Imap
    Note: The default setting on a new gmail account is pop disabled, imap enabled.
  • Use an account alias, not your base account.
    Available in the "Accounts and Import" section of Gmail settings page.
  • Use an account label for your books.
    Available in the "Labels" section of Gmail settings page.
    Note that you can control imap access by account labels.
  • Setup a suitable (for you) set of filters and perhaps a whitelist of senders.
    Available in the "Filters and Blocked Addresses" section of Gmail settings page.
  • A general purpose e-mail account will not auto-convert things to a Kindle readable format.
  • A general purpose e-mail account will support s/mime and the Kindles have the supporting libraries pre-installed in case anyone wants to extend this to handle s/mime attachments.
    (Nobody can be tracking your reading interests if you encrypt the darn things for transmittal.
    And the attachments are useless (other than as random numbers) to any unintended recipients. )
Hello. It work in a pw3? Or I can find any alternative today? Thanx you.
Pisckuy is offline   Reply With Quote