View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 08:54 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishabhinandan View Post
What is the process to convert a PDF to HTML while preserving images, text, charts, formula, vector drawings and the layout? I have tried multiple tools but with no luck.

My requirement is to convert a PDF to HTML and then to epub. I have tried a number of conversion tool to convert a PDF to HTML but most of them not preserving the format, font, css or images in renderd HTML as we expect.

Is there any best possible way to convert PDF to html where we get expected result.
In a word - No.

A given tool may do a better job on a given PDF than other tools. But unless its a very simple document, you'll always have to do some editing of the output.

I convert quite a lot of PDF's to EPUB. But I'm I not willing to the expend the effort to convert complex PDF's. That is, those have lots of embedded images, diagrams, sidebars, fonts, infographics, equations, tables, etc. It can take days to get something that is only just OK.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote