View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 12:01 PM   #68
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
...Especially with kids... No need to introduce them to reality until they're old enough for the GRIMS or LANG. With appropriate guidance they can enjoy them as harmless fantasies and develop an eye for fun stories.
I first read Grimm fairy tales in third or fourth grade, during free time in class. They were shocking and dark and I loved them. Same when I read the original Pinocchio.

I wonder if we shield kids too much.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote