Thread: Kobo Bug thread
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 03:16 AM   #1206
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@Rev. Bob: I'm giving up. You are the one who is being insistent on following these standards. You are the one who is quoting what "should", which clearly allows for exceptions and insisting on the meaning. My opinion after reading this, Kobo are completely in their rights to decide how to implement this or whether to at all. They have their reasons, and unless they want to come here and tell us, we won't know what it is. The only thing I know is that it is a deliberate decision. And of course, they have actually implemented rendering of classes with "monospace" as their font face. Which is a "must". What they haven't done is to include an actual monospace font, which is allowed under the "should"

Personally, this is not a bug. At the most it is missing function. And, in my opinion, a pretty unimportant function.

If you have more to say about this, please take it up with Kobo. Or with whoever controls these specs so that can go after Kobo for claiming support for EPUB and EPUB3 without actually following the specs.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote