View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 10:41 PM   #1
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Arnold, Edwin L: Gullivar of Mars v1. 12 Apr 07

This is some more Victorian sci-fi written in the vein of H.G. Wells and Jules Verne. The story is about Navy Lieutenant Gullivar Jones' adventures on the planet Mars. I won't ruin it by telling you HOW he manages to get to Mars, but I can say it's pretty unique. Interesting to note that Gullivar has made some cameo appearances in Alan Moore's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen comic.

Written in 1905 by Edwin L. Arnold, this was actually written before Edgar Rice Burroughs wrote his John Carter Mars books.

I found this when I was in high school and thought it was a fun read, but it is pretty strange. I sketched the artwork in charcoal and pastels, then scanned it in and did the typesetting for the cover info.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip GullivarofMars.lrf.zip (557.7 KB, 1812 views)
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote