Thread: Series Names
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 11:17 AM   #8
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
I agree with the previous suggestion to strip "The" and "A" from series titles. I also agree with the suggestion to strip "Series" and the like. That being said, I do tend to leave "Trilogy" or "Septet" or the like in a series title.

Further, I usually try to go with the author's series name, if there is one rather than the character name, but if only a character name is readily available to distinguish the series, then I use that.

The absolute key point though is to set your own rules and then stick to those rules!

Oh, and don't try to come up with any sort of rules for certain types of extended series with numerous authors (I'm looking at you Sherlock Holmes) because trying to come up with good rules that will keep all series identifiable and consistent ... well, that way leads to madness.
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote