Thread: Is SF dying?
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 03:52 AM   #29
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
The data relied upon is very obviously badly flawed, and a terrible basis for prompting this type of discussion. However, there is of course no harm in talking about it. I don't this data is very useful for anything. Furthermore, I suspect that Sci-Fi is stronger than ever. I also think that, with the exception of Baen, it has become very much the province of the self-published authors. Perhaps Brad Torgersen's Sad Puppies 3 campaign referred to in one of the articles above provides some glimpse of one of the reasons for this.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote