View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 12:05 AM   #55
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Five or six years? I don't see Android lasting that long. The new Pixel Slate already won't be running Android anymore, but Chrome OS. We will see when the next Pixel phone will also go to Chrome OS next year - it only makes sense. Android is too clustered as it is. Chrome OS will put the updates back into Googles control, where it should be.
You might be right, I don't know. I do know that I'm still regularly using a couple Android apps on my 2013 Blackberry Q10 (it emulates Android, a virtual machine). I've got Kindle for Android 7.2.0.27 on it. I've got Android Simplenote 1.5.5 (I use Simplenote all the time). I've got Amazon's Appstore — and a few utilities, like Sip.fm, Wifi Analyzer and SpeedTest (hardly ever used).

So, I guess I should say, for my limited Android needs the Nook Tablet would probably be useful for five or six years.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote