View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 06:04 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
That's not what I've been reading. rcentros does not use it on their linux computer, too. Ask them why not. AFAIK one has to install some other software (PlayOnLinux) to run ADE 4.5. And when you Google Mac + Onleihe, you find stuff like this galore

https://hilfe.onleihe.de › pages › vie...
eBooks can not be opened with ADE on MacOS - Onleihe Hilfeseite

I do run both ADE and Libby, Libby I love, but there are only about 500 books on Overdrive for the Berlin library and nearly 30,000 via ADE/CARE. My other online library doesn't Overdrive at all. Wanna hear a real bummer? Overdrive is enabled on Kobos for Germany.
I'm not talking about Linux. I'm talking OS X. Adobe Digital Editions does work on OS X. I don't know what rubbish that website is spewing, but I do know it's wrong.

I know you do have to run other software under Linux such as Wine to get ADE to work.

So other then Linux, ADE will work on the two most used operating systems. In fact, there is a version of ADE for iOS and Android. There as other programs based on ADE such as Bluefire Reader. So the only operating system left out is Linux.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote