View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 11:20 PM   #4
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
I wish I had said that. Oh wait, I did many times.

And that is not a bad thing at all. (I think I have said that a few times too)

NYT's David Pogue agrees. Twice.
I think you have that backwards. The Touch is basically a downsized iPad.

I know that this seems to be saying the same thing you did, but it really isn't. The Touch is a kind of crippled iPad - it does a lot of the same things, but there are many things the iPad does that the Touch won't be doing, or at least, not as well. I've read - but find it hard to believe - that the Touch won't do iBooks. (It has to at least have an iBook Reader app!) I know that the Touch can't do graphic novels/comics as well as the iPad will. Those iWork apps aren't going to be much use on a Touch.

So I'm already beginning to think of my iPhone, which is the Touch with a phone, as a kind of satellite of my iPad, my Pad Away From Home.

This is one of the reasons that I think that one of the impacts of the iPad will be to sell more Touches. A lot of people without an iPhone but with an iPad are going to want a Touch, which, incidentally, now costs $199. If I were Apple, I'd bundle them for a while just to get that concept across.

Random thought: is an iPod Touch a Touche in France?
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote