View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 05:58 PM   #426
HugeFanOfE-Ink
HugeFanOfE-Ink solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.HugeFanOfE-Ink solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.HugeFanOfE-Ink solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.HugeFanOfE-Ink solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.HugeFanOfE-Ink solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.HugeFanOfE-Ink solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.HugeFanOfE-Ink solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.HugeFanOfE-Ink solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.HugeFanOfE-Ink solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.HugeFanOfE-Ink solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.HugeFanOfE-Ink solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle DX
First -- I cannot thank the authors of this vnc viewer enough; it's a real life-(well, eyes at least!)saver.

A quick question:

I'm running the viewer on a DXG, and the overall sluggishness is my only complaint about the setup. (I'm not sure whether this is relevant, but the DXG is running v3.3; and given its inferior internals, it's barely able to cope anyway.) I'm a keyboard-shorcut junkie, so window management/navigation/button clicking etc. etc. isn't an issue at all; but what really bugs me is that when I'm typing, the DX display is usually 5-6 words behind my fingers (And I'm not a terribly fast typist).

I'm thinking of getting one of those new PWs that are coming at the end of this month. Could owners of the current generation PW confirm that it's at least possible to edit text on its screen, given the improved internals and the faster refresh rate?

Edit: I've seen the thread on the prospects of there being a jailbreak for the PW2; so I guess I shouldn't hold my breath for it anyhow... Still, I'm curious about the current gen PW.

Last edited by HugeFanOfE-Ink; 09-11-2013 at 06:18 PM.
HugeFanOfE-Ink is offline   Reply With Quote