View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #63
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@edwdecarlo - on some of my plugins there is actually an undocumented feature that you can manually edit the library configuration json content. However it was something I added *after* the last time I released this plugin, so you can't yet do it with this one. I don't advertise it, because obviously if people don't know what they are doing they wreck their configuration data for the plugin. I would have to push a new release of the plugin for this feature to automagically appear for you (it would be within View library preferences... and you can see the difference with it available in the Reading List plugin for instance).

As for the -1 thing, yes as you have found -1 is used to indicate the size should be autosized by calibre, and is what gets put in for example for hidden columns (like ondevice). And I can understand you would have to do a lot of trial and error to magically get these to align with different views without the ability to manually set the widths.

Adding some form of GUI to allow setting column widths in a user friendly way would be a whole bunch of work, and tbh I can't see a lot of people clamouring for it. Though I do understand why you want the ability, and I have my own OCD tendencies at times about such things.

I think the easiest solution would be for me to just push a new version of the plugin that uses the latest code from my "shared file" that my plugins share and will give you the edit library preferences capability?
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote