View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #67
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
NO HTML EXTRACTION AVAILABLE

I am throwing this question out into cyberspace, with little hope, as it looks like the IMP format has been mostly abandoned.

A few titles in the library that I want are only in IMP format. So I tried this converter, but with mixed results.

I "installed" IMP GUI Converter v 1.36 as instructed --- mscott161 stated that all that is required is the ConvertIMPGUI executable and the ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib DLL. I launched the GUI and loaded a book into it. I CAN get the text extraction, but the HTML tool on the menu is grayed out / disabled.

The text extraction pulled out the text well enough, but apparently cannot deal with unicode characters. Lots of question marks/null glyphs for curly quotes, mdashes, diacritics, etc. I don't know if the HTML extraction would have better results, because it is disabled and not usable.

Any suggestions how to get the HTML extraction working?

Last edited by GrannyGrump; 11-06-2012 at 10:15 PM.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote